At the heart of the Sigma 2 set is a simple and reliable two-stage pneumatic system. A first breath activated positive pressure demand valve provides low breathing resistance and excellent dynamic performance – particularly at high flow rates. A first stage pressure reducing valve features only two moving parts and accepts cylinders pressures of up to 300 bar without adjustment. A cylinder connector assembly with standard breathing air thread is fitted, with an easily removed bronzed filter to protect the pneumatics. The system includes a shoulder mounted combined pressure indicator with photoluminescent face markings for low-light legibility and a robust stainless steel and polycarbonate case with a protective rubber shroud. A warning whistle has an operating pressure of 55 bar.
PERFORMANCE AND RELIABILITY
ECONOMY AND COMFORT
- Scott Safety has over 75 years of experience in the design and manufacture of Respiratory Protection Equipment.
- Approved to EN137:2006 Type 2, the Scott Sigma 2 Type 2 Self Contained Breathing Apparatus combines the highest level of respiratory protection in a simple to operate, cost-effective piece of equipment that meets the needs of Industrial and Marine firefighters.
- Sigma 2 Type 2’s proven durability, reliability, and appeal are confirmed by an extensive user base who demand a combination of maximum performance and true operational simplicity.
- Proven high-performance pneumatic system
- Compact first breath activated demand valve with bypass
- Ergonomically designed lightweight backplate and Type 2 harness
- Kevlar blend flame retardant webbing with Kevlar cylinder band
- Wide choice of facemasks from the Vision 3, Promask PP, and Panaseal ranges
- Corrosion-resistant Nickel-plated components
- Simple operation for users
- All components are user-serviceable, low cost, and easy to maintain
- Will accept a wide range of 200 and 300 bar cylinders
- Approved to the MED as a Type 2 set
- The Sigma 2 Type 2 Self Contained Breathing Apparatus combines the highest level of respiratory protection in a simple to operate, cost-effective piece of equipment that meets the needs of Industrial, Marine, and Firefighting.
SPECIFICATION & ORDERING INFORMATIONS
SIGMA 2 SELF CONTAINED BREATHING APPARATUS
- Single configuration (less cylinder): 2.3kg
- Single configuration & Facemask (less cylinder): 3.0kg
- Length: 600mm
- Width: 278mm
- Depth (with 6.8 litre 300 bar Cylinder): 200mm