- From 60 up to 240 minutes fire resistance in accordance with the criteria of BS476: Part 24
- Only 9-25mm board thickness
- Impact resistance to BS5234 – passed severe duty
VENTILATION, SMOKE AND
KITCHEN EXHAUST DUCT
If you have heard of SUPALUX , you are probably aware that the origin of fire resistant calcium silicate board began here. SUPALUX consist of a calcium silicate matrix of reinforced fibres and fillers, absolutely free of asbestos, The SUPALUX formula is cured to form a dimensionally stable board through an autoclave process where the board is subject to high pressure where the board is subject to high pressure and temperatures. The result is a board that is lightweight, has a high impact resistance, high fire resistance, and with all the excellent qualities that SUPALUX has being delivering to a loyal following of customers and end users for more than 25 years.
EFFECT OF MOISTURE
Saturate a SUPALUX board in water and allow it to dry and see the return to its original condition with almost no degradation. Moisture and dampness has no permanent effect on the mechanical or fire performance of the material. It is therefore possible to install SUPALUX at any time in the building programme.
A SUPALUX wall construction has fulfilled all the severe duty requirements for impact, crowd pressure, deflection and multiple cycles of door slam in accordance with British Standard 5234, proving its excellent impact resistance.
SUPALUX has a very low thermal conductivity of 0.21W/mK.
Fibre and fillers in SUPALUX do not attract insects or vermin and do not support mould growth.
SUPALUX is not affected by brine or dilute chlorine and other chemical solutions. It is also resistant to low concentrations of most acids, alkalis, bleaching agents and solvents.
SUPALUX is compatible with most building materials, non-caustic and will neither promote corrosion nor affect bituminous compounds.
The surface of SUPALUX can readily receive many forms of architectural treatments from painting, wallpapering, waterproofing membrance, tiling, and other common aesthetics finishes. It is advised that the manufacturers instructions of these treatments should always be strictly adhered to.
- SUPALUX board:
- 15mm thick for FRL of 120 minutes
- 25mm thick for FRL of 240 minutes
- Steel channels: 50mm x 50mm x 0.6mm thick folded around duct at cross joints
- Steel angles: minimum 50mm x 50mm x 0.6mm thick at corner joints, fixed to substrate using M6 anchor bolts at nominal 200mm centres where necessary
- Steel rod hangers: of diameters and spaced at centres in accordance with the stress limits:
- 15N/mm² for FRL of 60 minutes
- 10N/mm² for FRL of 120 minutes
- 6N/mm² for FRL of 240 minutes
- Steel angles: minimum 50mm x 50mm x 0.6mm thick according to duct weight and size and maximum permitted stress levels
- No.8 self-tapping screws at nominal 20mm centres
- Air duct of galvanised steel sheet
- Mineral wool:
- 2 layers of 25mm x 100kg/m³ for FRL of 120 minutes
- 2 layers of 50mm x 100kg/m³ for FRL of 240 minutes
- Ceiling or wall substrate
NOTE: These methods are in accordance with the approval of assessment report no. WF 172243 ISSUE 2.
All gaps and imperfection of fitting to the substrate are to be sealed with Intumex AN Fire Stopping Acrylic. For more details on multiple ducts in one cladding, impacts resistance requirements and installation, please contact Intumex Asia Pacific.
The properties in above tables are mean values given for information and guidance only. If certain properties are critical for the application, please contact your nearest Intumex Asia Pacific office.
SUPALUX is manufactured under a quality management system certified in accordance with ISO9001: 2000 Certification and in accordance with the environment standards of ISO14001. For further technical information, please consult Intumex Asia Pacific.
As for all products containing quartz, such as concrete and clay, this product will also release dust containing quartz particles when it is mechanically machined (cutting, sanding, drilling). Inhalation of high concentrations of dust can irritate the respiratory system. Dust can also irritate the eyes and/ or the skin. The inhalation of quartz containing dust, in particular high concentration of line (respirable) dust or over a prolonged period of time can lead to lung disease (silicosis) and an increased risk of lung cancer. Avoid the inhalation of dust by using machinery with dust extraction. Guarantee adequate ventilation on the work floor. Avoid contact with the eyes and skin and avoid inhalation of the dust by wearing appropriate personal protection gear (safety goggles, protective clothing and dust mask). For more information please check the material safety data sheet, available upon request from Intumex Asia Pacific.